What is Zylkene?
Zylkene capsules for dogs and cats is a natural product designed to manage stress in dogs and cats. It can also be very useful in helping animals to adapt to any changes that may happen throughout their lives. Any change however big or small can be very stressful to an animal. This may include new babies in the family, moving house, putting them into kennels or cattery, introducing a new pet to the household or even small events such as moving furniture.
It can be used in animals of all ages whether its puppies settling into a new home or older cats getting used to a new family member.
Zylkene capsules for dogs and cats has not been associated with any side effects so is suitable for many animals.
Zylkene comes in three sizes: 75mg, 225mg and 450mg. It comes in the form of a capsule filled with powder. This needs to be given orally on a daily basis. The different sizes of capsules are colour coded as shown below.
Zylkene is fast acting so only needs to be started a day prior to a stressful event, such as going to kennels/cattery.
How do I know if my pet is stressed?
Some of the common signs of stress in an animal include: excessive grooming, change in demeanour, house soiling, increased restlessness or a reduced interaction with the owners. Obviously one of these signs on their own may not mean the animal is stressed but if a number of these are all happening at the same time then stress may be the main cause.
- Zylkene Dosage
- Zylkene Administration
- Zylkene Information
- How To Buy Cheap Zylkene
- Latest News
75mg Capsules for cats and small dogs
225mg Capsules for medium dogs
450mg Capsules for Large dogs
The capsule needs to be given orally. We do understand that administering medications to some animals may be difficult so the capsules can be opened up and the powder can then be sprinkled onto some food. Most animals will enjoy the taste as it has a ‘milky’ taste and therefore are often happy to eat it on the food. Some animals you may find will be happy to lick the powder off a plate on its own. The powder is water soluble and can be mixed with water, milk or gravy which is sometimes easier for cats.
The most common fear phobias are of fireworks, thunderstorms, and gunshots. The fear of loud noises can soon become a phobia which is defined as a persistent, excessive and irrational fear response. Zylkene for dogs can help this!
>> Read More About Firework and Noise Phobias
This is a common behavioural problem in dogs where they do not like to be left alone or separated from their owner. It can manifest as excessive barking, destructive behaviour...
>> Read More About Separation Anxiety In Dogs
Zylkene is manufactured by MSD Animal health, formerly known as Intervet Schering-Plough.
HOW TO REDUCE THE COST OF BUYING ZYLKENE
• Treating dogs and cats with behavioural problems can become very expensive
• Many dogs or cats with behavioural problems such as urine marking, noise phobias, and stress would benefit from Zylkene
• The capsules are available from www.petprescription.co.uk at significantly lower prices than from veterinary surgeons
• The capsules are available without prescription
• Pet owners may purchase this from their vet but could make huge savings by buying online at www.petprescription.co.uk
• You may also purchase Adaptil for dogs, Feliway for cats and a complete range of prescription and nonprescription medicines at www.petprescrition.co.uk
• we supply exactly the same product as you would purchase from your vet though typically 40-60% cheaper
• Petprescription.co.uk is run by Pet Prescription Ltd.
• We are staffed by veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and SQP's (suitably qualified persons)
• As well as operating many pet information websites we also run www.petprescription.co.uk
• petprescription.co.uk sells a wide variety of pet healthcare products, prescriptions drugs and pet accessories.
• As practicing veterinary and animal professionals we have a wealth of experience and are extremely well placed to answer your pet related queries
• As pet owners ourselves we understand the importance of pets to their owners
• Owning a pet can be expensive - We want to help you care for your pets with expert advice and discounted pet medicines and accessories
• Why not check out our amazing prices!!
Many dogs can be treated for firework and noise phobias by using behavioural methods called desensitisation and counter-conditioning. This specially made recording of fireworks can be used to train dogs not to react to noises they fear.
The contents of this website are the personal opinions of the author and should be used as a guide only. No liability is accepted for accuracy of content or any other matter. If your pet is unwell we strongly recommend you seek the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeon. Articles are written and/or edited by S J Bagnall BVetMed MRCVS
This website has been created by www.petprescription.co.uk for information purposes only. Petprescription is a retailer of Zylkene, but is not affiliated with or related to the manufacturer of Zylkene in any way. The contents of this website are not sponsored or endorsed by the manufacturer of Zylkene